The Upside: Booked 08.22.18
This show is about writing, reading, and talking about books with author and host of "Write the Book," Shelagh Connor Shapiro. Shelagh Connor Shapiro's novel, Shape of the Sky, was published by Wind Ridge Books of Vermont in September 2014. Her stories have appeared in North Dakota Quarterly, The Baltimore Review, Short Story, Gulf Stream and others. Her story “somewhere never gladly” was included in Please Do Not Remove, a collection of stories and poems inspired by old Vermont library cards, and was subsequently nominated for a Pushcart Prize.
She has an MFA in Writing from the Vermont College of Fine Arts and is a contributing editor for the Vermont literary journal Hunger Mountain. Her radio show, Write the Book, which features interviews with authors, poets, illustrators, agents, and editors, is heard weekly on 99.3 WBTV-LP and as a podcast online.
The playlist features songs about writing, reading, and inspiration found in books.
- 9:20am A Picture of Dorian Gray by Television Personalities on And Don't The Kids Just Love It (Rough Trade, Rough Trade)
- 9:31am The Last Chance Texaco by Rickie Lee Jones on Rickie Lee Jones (Warner Bros. Records)
- 9:51am Be My Number Two by Joe Jackson on Body and Soul (A&M Records)
- 10:14am Until I Meet You (Corner Pocket) by Manhattan Transfer on Mecca for Moderns (Atlantic)
- 10:18am Paperback Writer by Beatles on 1 (Remastered) (Apple)
- 10:21am The Book of Love by The Monotones on Doo Wop (Argo)
- 10:23am Soma by The Strokes on Is This It (Atlantic)
- 10:28am Bell Jar by The Bangles on Everything (Columbia, Columbia)
- 10:31am No Myth by Michael Penn on Palms & Runes, Tarot & Tea (RCA)
- 10:35am Every Day I Write The Book by Elvis Costello on Punch the Clock (Columbia)
- 10:41am Atticus - US Album Version by The Noisettes on Wild Young Hearts (Mercury)
- 10:46am Ramble On by Led Zeppelin on Whole Lotta Love / Ramble On (7 (Atlantic)
- 10:50am Bloodletting (The Vampire Song) by Concrete Blonde on Bloodletting (I.R.S. Records)
- 10:56am My Blakean Year by Patty Smith on Trampin' (Columbia)