Die Bitteren Tränen Der Patrick von Grüne Bohnen
Two hours of Germany's take on rock, focusing on those that drew from psychedelic sources.
19 different acts in this show, here is some information about some of them:
Amon Düül II:
The band Amon Düül II got its start in the the Munich artists community also called Amon Düül. The Amon part of the name was after the Egyptian Sun God Amon, also referred to as Amun, while the part Düül had no meaning. The band began as a way to support the commune and was called simply Amon Düül. They became the first ever band to employ an umlaut in their name. After a divide grew within the group, a second group cleverly called Amon Düül II splintered off. Interestingly, two members of Amon Düül II hold the rights to the Amon Düül name, therefore if the original band wishes to re-issue any material they must license their own name.
Ash Ra Tempel:
Ash Ra Tempel was founded in 1970 in Berlin, Germany by guitarist Manuel Göttsching with Hartmut Enke on bass and Klaus Schulze on keyboards and drums. Performing songs in non-English was unpopular for rock bands at the time, so rather then create lyrics in the language of beefeaters and Uncle Sam, they wrote instrumental tracks. Ash Ra Tempel released seven albums from 1971 to 1976, before Göttsching continued solo under the name Ashra. During the initial run, the band collaborated with LSD advocate Timothy Leary and vocalist Rosi Müller.
Countries represented: Germany, Switzerland, USA, Scotland.
- 6:00pm Ständchen by Peter Bursch Und Die Bröselmaschine on Peter Bursch Und Die Bröselmaschine (Ohr), 1976
- 6:00pm Spoon by Can on Ege Bamyasi (United Artists Records), 1972
- 6:03pm Deutsch Nepal by Amon Düül II on Wolf City (Purple Pyramid), 1972
- 6:06pm Delusion by McChurch Soundroom on Delusion (Ohrwaschl Records), 1971
- 6:12pm On My Mind by Electric Sandwich on Electric Sandwich (Brain), 1973
- 6:15pm Jennifer by Faust on Faust IV (Virgin), 1973
- 6:23pm Abschied by Popol Vuh on Hosianna Mantra (Ohr), 1972
- 6:26pm Isi by Neu! on Neu! '75 (Grönland Records), 1975
- 6:31pm Lassie by Bröselmaschine on Bröselmaschine (Ohr), 1971
- 6:36pm All Tomorrow's Parties by The Velvet Underground & Nico on The Velvet Underground & Nico (Verve Records), 1966
- 6:42pm Autobahn-Baby by Chubby Checker on Troola-Troola-Troola-La (Good Old Schwäb'sche Eisenbahn) (Cameo Parkway), 1964
- 6:44pm Steaming by Streetmark on Sky Racer (Sireena Records), 1981
- 6:47pm Finches by Bert Jansch on Bert Jansch (Castle Music), 1965
- 6:48pm Amboss by Ash Ra Tempel on Ash Ra Tempel (Ohr), 1971
- 7:08pm Andacht by Popol Vuh on Hosianna Mantra (Ohr), 1972
- 7:08pm Afraid by Nico on Desertshore (Reprise Records), 1970
- 7:13pm Prayer To The Silence by Amon Düül II on Tanz Der Lemminge (Repertoire Records), 1971
- 7:14pm Repertoire Records by Temple on Unknown Deutschland - The Krautrock Archive Volume 1 (Caroline Records), 1996
- 7:17pm Oxymoron by Guru Guru on Känguru (Brain), 1972
- 7:27pm Pull Down Your Mask by Amon Düül II on Tanz Der Lemminge (Repertoire Records), 1971
- 7:32pm Die Zerstörung by Walter Wegmüller on Tarot (Ohr), 1973
- 7:36pm Ah! by Popol Vuh on Hosianna Mantra (Ohr), 1972
- 7:41pm Halleluhwah by Can on Tago Mago (United Artists Records), 1971