Have You Ever Bean Green?
Two hours of snappy tunes all about bein’ green and the great existential weight that accompanies it.
39 different acts in this show, here is some information about some of them:
Kermit The Frog:
“Bein’ Green” was written by Jon Stone and Joe Raposo in March 1970 and premiered on the 87th episode of the first season of Sesame Street. It went on to be performed by Kermit, sometimes with a guest, many additional times including on The Muppet Show and The Muppet Movie. The concept was allegedly brought to Raposo with Stone’s direction "We need a song for the frog". It has been covered by the likes of Frank Sinatra, Van Morrison, Buddy Rich, Diana Ross, Ray Charles and Tony Bennett among many others.
Kermit first appeared in 1955 on Sam and Friends, but went through many changes before The Muppet Show and Sesame Street. Their is debate on how Kermit was named. Some argue it was after Jim Henson’s childhood friend Kermit Scott, but Henson has denied this, others believe Kermit Kalman Cohen, a sound engineer at the station Sam and Friends was produced, was the namesake. In other countries he is often renamed. In France he is René the Frog, Gustavo in Spain and Breki in Hungary.
Formed in New Jersey in the summer of 1966, The Driving Stupid released just one single titled ‘Horror Asparagus Stories’ before disbanding at the end of that same summer. The band members road tripped across the country to Los Angeles to start their musical career. On the way they recorded seven demos in Albuquerque. When they got to LA, they were signed by KR Records and scheduled to issue a single and a studio album. They toured briefly, but after the commercial failure of the single the album went unreleased. The group disbanded in the fall when the members needed to return to college. In 2002, the ill-fated album finally saw release.
Countries represented: USA, England, Germany, France, Netherlands, Brazil, Bermuda, Scotland, Canada.
- 6:00pm Have You Ever Bean Green? by Soft Machine on Volume Two (Sundazed Music), 1969
- 6:01pm Green Side Up by The Web on Fully Interlocking (Deram), 1968
- 6:03pm Bein' Green by Kermit The Frog on The Muppet Show: Music, Mayhem, And More (The 25th Anniversary Collection) (Rhino Records), 1974
- 6:05pm I'm So Green by Can on Ege Bamyasi (United Artists Records), 1972
- 6:08pm The Boy With The Green Eyes by Wool on Wool (Delay 68 Records), 1969
- 6:12pm Green Circles by Twice As Much on That's All (Sony Music Special Products), 1968
- 6:15pm Village Green by Turquoise on The Further Adventures Of Flossie Fillett (Rev-Ola), 1968
- 6:17pm Rhapsody In Green by Mort Garson on Mother Earth's Plantasia (Homewood Records), 1976
- 6:21pm Milho Verde (Folclore Portugue) by Gal Costa on Índia (Mr Bongo), 1973
- 6:25pm Green Ticket by Hubert Smith And His Coral Islanders on Bermuda 350 Years 1609 - 1959 (Bermuda Records), 1959
- 6:27pm Green Corn by Lead Belly on The Smithsonian Folkways Collection (Smithsonian Folkways Recordings), 1943
- 6:29pm Leaves That Are Green by Simon And Garfunkel on Sounds of Silence (Columbia), 1965
- 6:31pm Little Green by Joni Mitchell on Blue (Reprise Records), 1971
- 6:35pm Colour Green by Sibylle Baier on Colour Green (Orange Twin Records), 2006
- 6:37pm Green Dawn by M. Zalla (Piero Umiliani) on Africa (Liuto Records), 1972
- 6:39pm Woman Of The Green Lantern by The Exception on The Exceptional Exception (President Records), 1969
- 6:46pm Green Things Have Entered My Skin, Gladys by The Driving Stupid on Horror Asparagus Stories (Sundazed Music), 2002
- 6:48pm St. John Green by St. John Green on St. John Green (Flick-Disc), 1968
- 6:51pm Green Pepper by Gérard Levecque & Claude Romat on Africadelic's The Name N° 2 (Editions Montparnasse 2000)
- 6:54pm Green Destroys The Gold by Beacon Street Union on The Eyes Of The Beacon Street Union (MGM Records), 1968
- 6:57pm Tropical Green by Rogerio Duprat on The Brazilian Suite (KPM Music), 1970
- 7:00pm Green Mello Hill by Magic Worms on Truly This Must Be Heaven (An Introduction To Morgan Blue Town) (Morgan Blue Town), 1988
- 7:03pm Green Grass by Cibelle on Female Tribute to Tom Waits: Vol. 1 (EMI Records), 2006
- 7:07pm Greenfields, Golden Sands by Yusuf on An Other Cup (Ya Records), 2006
- 7:10pm Jack-In-The-Green by Jethro Tull on Songs From The Wood (Chrysalis), 1977
- 7:13pm Green Plant by Cherry Smash on Fade Away Maureen (Decca), 1969
- 7:16pm Pink And Green by Shirley Hughey on Pink And Green (Bandit), 1969
- 7:19pm Green Eyes by Les Baxter on Caribbean Moonlight (Capitol Records), 1956
- 7:22pm Green Tambourine by The Lemon Pipers on #1 Super 60's Hits (Sony BMG Music Entertainment), 1967
- 7:24pm Sybil Green (Of The In Between) by The Blue Magoos on Basic Blues Magoos (Mercury), 1968
- 7:27pm Green Sleeves by The Marks on DOWNBeat - 25 Independent Singles From The Netherlands (Not On Label), 1966
- 7:29pm Leaving Greensleeves by Leonard Cohen on New Skin For The Old Ceremony (CBS), 1974
- 7:31pm Ever, Ever Green by Group 1850 on Agemo's Trip To Mother Earth (Rotation), 1968
- 7:35pm Green Is The Colour by Pink Floyd on Soundtrack From The Film (EMI), 1969
- 7:37pm Children Of The Green Earth by Ramases on Glass Top Coffin (Vertigo), 1975
- 7:41pm De Koningin Van Pruisen / De GroenmarktFungus by Fungus on Van De Kiel Naar Vlaring (Negram), 1976
- 7:44pm Fragmentary March Of Green by Ultimate Spinach on Behold & See (Iris Music Group), 1968
- 7:51pm Son Of Mr. Green Genes by Frank Zappa on Hot Rats (Rykodisc), 1969