Two hours of music that will lead you by the hand into the encroaching darkness of the night, a distilling crepuscule surrounding you like a heavy cloak. These tunes appear as both your Charon, the still deep and as glimmers rippling on the twilight surf. Enjoy the lonely, haunting darkness.
20 different acts in this show, here is some information about some of them:
"Pushin' Too Hard" peaked at no. 36 in the charts upon re-release, after initially failing to chart under the title "(You're) Pushin' Too Hard". The song consists of only two chords. The story goes that it was written by singer Sky Saxon while sitting in the front seat of a car waiting for his girlfriend to finish grocery shopping at a supermarket. Some radio stations banned it, believing it to be about pushing drugs! Part of the tune was incorporated into Frank Zappa's rock opera Joe's Garage.
Countries represented: USA, England, Poland, Sweden, France, Burma, Germany, Canada, Norway.
Professor Edgeworth, of All Souls’, avoided conversational English, persistently using words and phrases that one expects to meet only in books. One evening, Lawrence returned from a visit to London, and Edgeworth met him at the gate. “Was it very caliginous in the Metropolis?”
“Somewhat caliginous, but not altogether inspissated”, Lawrence replied gravely.
—Robert Graves, Good-Bye to All That, p. 372.
- 6:00pm Widzuec by Marek Grechuta & Anawa on Korowód (Pomaton EMI), 1971
- 6:03pm Night Light by Pink Floyd on The Endless River (Columbia), 2014
- 6:05pm Ghost Song by The Doors on An American Prayer (Elektra), 1978
- 6:08pm Across Your Life by Oriental Sunshine on Dedicated To The Bird We Love (Sunbeam Records), 1970
- 6:11pm Crawling King Snake by The Doors on L.A. Woman (Elektra), 1971
- 6:16pm Cars Hiss By My Window by The Doors on L.A. Woman (Elektra), 1971
- 6:21pm Pushin' Too Hard by The Seeds on Nuggets (Original Artyfacts From The First Psychedelic Era 1965-1968) (Rhino Records), 1965
- 6:23pm Sjto Gorit, Gorit by Sodra Bergens Balalaikor on Sodra Bergens Balalaikor (MNW), 1971
- 6:27pm Things Behind The Sun by Nick Drake on Pink Moon (Island Records), 1972
- 6:31pm Tango Whiskeyman by Can on Soundtracks (Spoon Records), 1970
- 6:35pm I Can't See Your Face In My Mind by The Doors on Strange Days (Elektra), 1967
- 6:38pm Know by Nick Drake on Pink Moon (Island Records), 1972
- 6:41pm Danse Kalinda Da Boom by Dr. John on Gris-Gris (ATCO Records), 1968
- 6:44pm Ebb And Flow by Pink Floyd on The Endless River (Columbia), 2014
- 6:46pm Somewhere They Can't Find Me by Simon & Garfunkel on Sounds Of Silence (Columbia), 1965
- 6:49pm Dress Rehearsal Rag [Early Version] by Leonard Cohen on Songs Of Love And Hate (Columbia), 1971
- 6:54pm Las Tres Sorres by Dague on Pòp Occitana (Pathé), 1973
- 6:58pm Hors D'oeuvres by Roy Harper on Stormcock (Harvest), 1971
- 7:06pm Ismene - Jasmine - There'll Be No Clowns Tonight by Lily & Maria on Lily & Maria (Sunbeam Records), 1968
- 7:08pm Yoo Doo Right by Can on Monster Movie (Spoon Records), 1969
- 7:29pm Lucid State by Beat Circus on Dreamland (Cuneiform Records), 2008
- 7:30pm Three Hours by Nick Drake on Five Leaves Left (Island Records), 1969
- 7:36pm Creaking by S. Carey on Range Of Light (Jagjaguwar), 2014
- 7:40pm New Jersey by Ed's Redeeming Qualities on Big Grapefruit Cleanup Job (Slow River Records), 1995
- 7:44pm Squall by Transitory Symphony on Alone In A Room (Transitory Symphony), 2013
- 7:45pm Little Red Robin Hood Hit The Road by Robert Wyatt on Rock Bottom (Hannibal Records), 1974
- 7:51pm Sandoz In The Rain (Improvisation) by Amon Düül II on Yeti (Liberty), 1970