The Upside: Healing
Today we are sharing stories of healing and recovery, from big traumas and everyday stressors. We're joined in the studio by Jessie Forand and Bessie McManus of Steps to End Domestic Violence to discuss their work and how a community event can promote personal healing. Grace shares a conversation with her grandmother about her personal healing journey. And we hear some tips for de-stressing in our daily lives from Beth Sabo-Novik. A playlist of songs about healing, recovery, and moving on round out the show.
Jessie Forand is Development + Communications Manager with Steps to End Domestic Violence. She works to share the organization's mission, programming, and news with the Chittenden County community. She is a former newspaper reporter and brings her journalistic sensibilities to her nonprofit communications approach.
Bessie McManus is the Hotline and Volunteer Manager at Steps to End Domestic Violence. She is passionate about supporting folks who have experienced violence on an individual level and about advocating for social change to end gender-based violence in our community and beyond.
- 8:59am Away Away by Ibeyi on Ash (XL Recordings Limited. )
- 9:03am Holy by Jamila Woods on HEAVN (Jagjaguwar)
- 9:25am Alive by Ravyn Lenae on Alive (Atlantic Recording Corporation)
- 9:29am Healing by Sampa The Great on Birds And The BEE9 (Big Dada)
- 9:31am Hi Lo by Chloe x Halle on The Kids Are All Right (Parkwood Entertainment LLC )
- 9:55am Stronger by Raveena on Stronger (Moonstone Recordings, LLC )
- 10:01am Follow the Sun by India.Arie on Worthy (India.Arie, Inc. )
- 10:03am Sound & Color by Alabama Shakes on Sound & Color (ATO Records)
- 10:07am Convinction by Meshell Ndegeocello on Comet, Come to Me (naïve)
- 10:24am I'm Alive by Beth Ditto on I'm Alive (Myra's Child, LLC )
- 10:27am Wade In The Water - Live by Taj Mahal on Mavis Staples I'll Take You There: An All-Star Celebration (Deluxe/Live) (Blackbird Production Partners LLC)
- 10:30am Sexual Healing by Hot 8 Brass Band on Rock With the Hot 8 (Tru Thoughts)
- 10:45am Movin' On by Steffen Morrison on Movin' On (D.E.M.P. Music)
- 10:49am What I've Made Of by Sabrina Starke on What I'm Made Of (Zip Records)
- 10:52am The Healing Process by Koh Lantana on The Healing Process (Koh Lantana)
- 10:55am Healing Spell by Leyenda on Healing Spell EP (Firefly Entertainment)
- 10:57am Alive and Kicking Instrumental by Simple Minds on Alive and Kicking - Single (Virgin Records America, Inc.)