18 - The More Famous Cover [Re-broadcast]
On episode #18 of The Vault, we decide we've had enough with the more famous cover versions of a few great songs and instill the under-heard original in it's place, as well as how Elvis created Kidz Bop, how to react when asked to spell R-E-S-P-E-C-T and Donnie Darko is just Harvey with a bigger Duran Duran influence.
Find out which covers land in The Vault. This week we consider:
Elvis Presley / Big Mama Thornton's "Hound Dog"
Aretha Franklin / Otis Redding's "Respect"
Gary Jules / Tears For Fear's "Mad World"
This week's panel includes host- Patrick and producer- Nick, and guest- Athena.
- 5:02pm Hound Dog by Elvis Presley on ELV1S 30 #1 Hits (Sony Music Entertainment), 1956
- 5:17pm Hound Dog by Willie Mae on Hound Dog / Night Mare (Peacock Records), 1953
- 5:20pm Respect by Aretha Franklin on I Never Loved A Man The Way I Love You (Atlantic), 1967
- 5:38pm Respect by Otis Redding on Otis Blue / Otis Redding Sings Soul (Atlantic), 1965
- 5:40pm Mad World by Donnie Darko (Original Soundtrack & Score) on Michael Andrews & Gary Jules (Sanctuary Records), 2004
- 5:55pm Mad World by Tears For Fears on The Hurting (Mercury Records), 1983